About the role as an Editor:
- a passionate fan of space, space flight, rockets and science
- motivated to review articles about rocket launches, rocketry topics, and/or other space related topics
- a team player that likes to talk about all these topics and help its colleagues improve
- a person who wants to inspire people
If this sounds like you, keep on reading!
Everyday Astronaut is a team of open-minded space enthusiasts with one common goal – Bringing Space down to Earth for Everyday People! If it is through videos on YouTube or through articles on the website, we try to break down the complex topics of space flight and rocketry so everyday people can understand and fall in love with the inspiring events happening. As our community and our website are continuously growing, we are looking for another space enthusiast to complement the team of international writers located all around the world.
As an editor at Everyday Astronaut, you will have the opportunity to contribute to a fast-changing platform, interact with a tight-knit community of fellow space enthusiasts and incorporate your own ideas. This could be YOUR opportunity to set foot in the world of science and space journalism.
Furthermore, we strongly encourage people from all around the world, all genders, and all orientations to apply as we are trying to further diversify our team.
- You are at least 18+ years old
- You have experience in writing or reviewing articles/blog posts/scripts/etc. and know how to express yourself
- You have knowledge about rockets and their producing companies
- You are able to work on deadlines
- You are available on short notice to keep up with developments in spaceflight
- You put attention to detail
- You are able to work in a team environment and collaborate with others frequently via text and voice chats
- You have a proactive approach to your work
- You are able to take part in monthly online meetings
- experience with WordPress / Trello is beneficial
- proof or certificate of English speaking/writing skills (CEFR / EF SET / IELTS / etc.)
- reviewing articles about
- rocket launches
- space exploration updates
- developmental programs
- Everyday Astronaut videos
- checking articles for spelling/grammar mistakes
- help writers improve their writing skills
- checking for the right article settings
- attending monthly online meetings
The application process will be split into two phases. The first phase will involve a pre-selection based on the submitted applications. The second one will involve online interviews. We require the following information from every applicant:
- First Name and Surname*
- e-mail address*
- Curiculum Vitae / CV / résumé*
- letter of motivation*
- up to 3 supporting documents (optional)
You can either apply via the online form below or via [email protected] Please submit your documents as .pdf, .docx, or .doc. We’re looking forward hearing from you!
In case your application cannot be submitted via the online form, please apply by sending the required documents and information to the email address [email protected] Max. total upload size is 6MB. If you want to submit any of your work that is bigger than those 6MB, please include links within your CV / résumé.